This weekend marks the 527th anniversary of Christopher Columbus confusing his continents. If your idea of celebrating such a momentous, history-shifting error includes replacing the Pinto in your driveway for a shiny new Pinta of some kind, welcome to a page where we can help you get to a new world of better driving easier and cheaper. Collected here is a list of links for tips ‘n’ tricks for your car-shopping search, plus a collection of recent reviews from Cars.com experts on new vehicles hitting the market. Set sail for informed decision-making and a better buying experience below.
Related: Which Dealerships Do It Right? Car Brands Ranked for Customer Service
What car should I buy? That depends on a lot of factors, and our reviews can help. Check out our recent additions:
- Pickup trucks: Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, Honda Ridgeline, Ram 3500 Tradesman, GMC Sierra 1500 Duramax, GMC Sierra 2500 AT4, Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
- SUVs: Lincoln Corsair, Nissan Pathfinder, Ford Escape Hybrid, Ford Escape, Land Rover Range Rover Evoque, Ford Edge, Volvo XC60, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Volvo XC90, Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring, Lincoln Aviator, Land Rover Range Rover Sport PHEV
- Sedans: BMW 3 Series, Kia Optima, Toyota Corolla, Nissan Versa
- Hatchback: Mini Cooper Hardtop
- Hybrid: Toyota Corolla Hybrid
- Wagons: Subaru Outback, Volvo V60 Cross Country
- Electric: Nissan Leaf
- Performance: Ford Mustang, BMW 850i, Lexus RC F Track Edition
Which cars have the best deals right now? Check out our top deals for October. As always, your discounts may vary, so see your dealer for specifics.
Should I buy new or used? Read up on the pros and cons of each. If you go used, review our used-car buyers’ checklist and consider whether you want a certified pre-owned car.
How much can I afford? Read our primer. Then use our Price Comparison Tool while you shop to find what’s right for you.
Should I finance, lease or pay cash? That depends, but this might help you decide. How do I get the best lease rate? Bone up on common lease terminology, plus our tips.
How do I get the best financing rate? Our game plan lays out some advice. While you’re at it, here’s what you need to know about auto loans and what you’ll need to get one.
Anything I shouldn’t do when I’m at the dealer? Yep. Avoid these pitfalls.
Should I get an extended warranty? That depends. Here’s what you need to know.
How do I sell or trade in my old car? Learn how to prep your car before you sell it to a dealer, how to trade it in and how to deal with taxes and other considerations. If you still owe money on your old car, read this. Finally, if you want to sell it private party, here’s how to create the picture-perfect ad and how to seal the deal.
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.